Exclusive Doctor Who Poster Giveaway at Hamleys



Date: Saturday 20th September 2014

Time: 12.00pm – 4.00pm


ATTENTION Doctor Who fans!! As the Time Lord has returned to our screens, Hamleys is celebrating with an exclusive Doctor Who Collector’s poster event!

They have 250 Limited Edition Posters to give to some lucky fans!

These are so exclusive that your poster will be the only one of its kind in the world…just like the Doctor himself! Each poster is numbered and a true collector’s item.

If you are a fan of Doctor Who, then this is an opportunity that you do not want to miss out on.

They also have 25 goody bags to giveaway per store for super fans who come dressed as a Doctor Who! Only the best dressed will be eligible so good luck!

To get your hands on these unique posters come in store and purchase any Dr Who toy!

Additional information: Hamleys will be giving one limited edition poster to anyone that purchases any Doctor Who toy. There is no minimum spend. One poster will be distributed per transaction. Posters are subject to availability and can only be redeemed when a Doctor Who toy has been purchased. Posters are numbered 1 – 250. We cannot guarantee a specific number to anyone. Posters will be distributed on a first come first served basis. Customers will not receive a poster for any toy purchased prior to the date stated above. Poster cannot be purchased separately. Posters are exclusive to Hamleys Toy Shops in the UK and Ireland.

Covers for comic books I’ll never get round to producing, part twenty-five


This doesn’t really work… Originally it was a much more literal homage to Uncanny X-Men #139 complete with circle round the character’s upper body (I mean, if you’re going to have a “welcome to the watchtower” cover you might as well pastiche the one introducing Kitty Pryde) and curved banner text in the middle, but it looked really out of place without the action scenes surrounding it so I changed it to this distressed font (appropriately enough, Watchtower from MediaLoot.com).  It’s not like there’s actually anything to put the player in danger in that map so it fails on that level too…

Will to Power 11

It occurs to me that these covers were supposed to be a ‘slap the logo on the screenshot’ exercise and they’re becoming more and more involved. Lord knows what’ll happens when I get to the Zero issue…

Covers for comic books I’ll never get round to producing, part twenty-four


Following the end of the HIVE storyline, not much happens in the way of missions.  Two* “events” occur in the current version of the game circa the fag-end of level 10; the player gets a base which is of questionable merit unless they are part of a league and/or the pay for the Home Turf expansion and they get their first “Vault ticket”, access to an instance with a selection of loot boxes.

Neither makes for a particularly exciting screenshot, but I figure the Vault ranks over an empty map decorated in dingy style…

Will to Power 10

*There’s also the Area-51 alert I guess, but that’s not for a single-player.  In addition, not that you can’t visit before then, but that’s when the mission to do so comes in, you get access to the Justice League Watchtower as a social/crafting/bank/mail hub, but, hey…  there’s not much going on at level 11 either so I have to keep something in reserve!

70 The Unexpected Artist Gallery, Promotional Event – 30th August 2014

St. Enoch Shopping Centre, Glasgow 10:00 – 17:00

Mission Report
It may have taken a couple of false starts, but finally everyone managed to get their ducks in a row for this long mooted event (although ironically “short notice” being one of the reasons for the previous failure to launch) and despite my aversion to early starts Barry was ready to glide out of the door of the shopping centre about 11:00.  I was a bit wary of the idea of touring such a public space, especially with only one spotter, but fortunately at that time in the morning St. Enoch’s was still relatively quite.  This allowed the press photographer and PR people to get the photos they wanted without too much hassle and meant we were back safely ensconced in the Unexpected Artist gallery space before the place got too busy.

Following a break for lunch, we ventured out again.  This time the crowds were much more substantial and the presence of a Dalek was creating a bottle neck on one side of the north wing of shops.  With security showing some concern we moved to the more open area below Hamleys, across from the food court and it was like Pied Piper with a trail of folk following in the monochrome menaces’ wake.
Although both Julie and I were slightly reticent about these “tours” it did bring a bunch of extra visitors back to the gallery unit each time we returned so from that point of view I guess it was a success.

Thus far we’d remained on the same floor as the gallery, but buoyed with confidence for our final trip out we dared the lifts to get down for a spin around the ground floor.  This created some opportunities for shock reactions as the lift doors opened on the unwary and a stand raising money for children’s cancer awareness received a little boost in bucket donations when we situated ourselves next to them for a couple of minutes.

Unfortunately the resulting newspaper article in the Sunday Sun failed to actually mention the Unexpected Artists gallery in it’s text, instead rather vaguely implying our presence was to promote the new series of Doctor Who, but as the reporter on the day was too scared to approach the Dalek it’s not surprising the facts got muddied.
Sunday Sun 31/08/14

Loving a good pun, the only slight disappointment for me was that the event didn’t take place at the shopping centre at Braehead.  That way the headline could have been a more appropriate “INTU The Dalek”…

Visual Archive

This slideshow requires JavaScript.